Fullbridge shown in an engraving published c1835 (click to enlarge)
Maldon Ironworks building
Barges under repair
Fullbridge sits at the bottom of Market Hill at the crossing over the river Chelmer.
It is home to the wharf of Green's flour mills and, further along the river, the now empty wharves of Sadds Timber await development.
On the opposite bank there are several boatbuilders yards where you can often see a sailing barge being repaired or restored.
Fullbridge Wharf is also home to the old brewery built for the Shrimp Brand beer in 1924. Currently an industrial unit, this building may be demolished to make way for a housing development. The brewery also owned the White Lion pub at the bottom of Market Hill.
The large building by the roundabout is part of the old Maldon Ironworks Company. Among the products manufactured by this firm were many of the cast iron signposts still to be seen at the roadside.
The bridge over the river Chelmer. In the background is the old Fullbridge Mill building which is now used as offices. On the far right are Greens flour mills
The old brewery
Looking up Market Hill from Fullbridge