HOME

Places to Visit
Promenade Park
Hythe Quay
Heybridge Basin
Beeleigh
The Moot Hall
Maeldune Centre

Things to Do
Events Guide
Market Days
Walking

Facts About
E H Bentall & Co
The Old Railway
Plume Library
Beeleigh Abbey
Beeleigh Mill
All Saints' Church
St Mary's Church
Fat Man of Maldon
St Giles hospital
Maldon in 1818
Beckingham Hall
Heybridge Hall
 
 
Your guide to the district of Maldon and its history Heybridge Hall

How the Hall once looked

 

Heybridge Hall was once the manor house of Heybridge which belonged to the Dean and Chapter of St Pauls.

According to the English Heritage website, Heybridge Hall was a timber framed and rendered grade II house, parts of which dated back to the 14th century. The building was severely damaged by fire in 1997 and has now been totally demolished. The pictures show the remains of the hall and were taken in March 2006 and show the lower walls and the charred remains of the timber frame.

There were plans for the re-building of a similar size and appearance property over the remaining historic foundations but this never happened.

A full story about Heybridge Hall will appear here in the near future.

Click on the thumbnails for a larger view.

 

NAVIGATE to | MAIN INDEX | All Saints Church | Beckingham Hall | Beeleigh | Beeleigh Abbey | Beeleigh Mill | The fat man of Maldon
Heybridge Hall | Heybridge Basin | St Giles Hospital | St Marys Church | The Bentall Story | Thomas Plume | Victorian Evenings | Fullbridge